Hôtel-Restaurant ** Le Mont Brouilly
Hôtel-Restaurant ** Le Mont Brouilly

Well worth a visit

  • Les Oliviers: panorama over the Ardières Valley, Mont Brouilly, and the Ain plain.
  • Château du Souzy (not open to the public): This manor-house, built in 1765, overlooks the Ardières Valley.
  • Croix des Forces : Formerly a destination for pilgrims, with panoramic views over Montoux Woods.
  • Château de Varennes (not open to the public): One square tower survives from the 11th century, the main building and two wings dating from the 16th century. Note the scallop shells at the top of the entrance watch-towers.
  • La Place aux Filles : A spot with a legend to it.
  • La Maison des Abeilles (not open to the public): Located in Cherves hollow, in typical Beaujolais regional style.
  • Château de La Palud (not open to the public): The earliest parts are said to date back to the 11th century. Two towers joined by a main building survive from the 15th century.
  • Village church: Built in 1863 to replace the original Romanesque church.
  • Natural environment: Rare species, whether fauna (birds of prey and other birds, etc.) or flora (brooms, hollies, etc.)
  • Did you know? In the early 9th century, Quincié stood on the Saint-Nizier plateau and was called ‘Saint-Nizier Lestra’. Burned to the ground during the Wars of Religion, the village was later rebuilt in its present location. The last wolf in the area was killed in Quincié by Mr Durieu from Le Souzy in 1812.

Three châteaux tour

Quincié-en-Beaujolais Three châteaux tour

zoomQuincié-en-Beaujolais Three châteaux tour

Tourism

The hotel is an ideal setting-off point for rambling, mountain biking, and visits to the châteaux, chapels and churches, vineyards and cellars typical of the Beaujolais region.

Tourist information available at hotel reception.

Parcs et musées

Vins du Beaujolais

©2008 Hôtel-Restaurant ** Le Mont Brouilly | Statutory notices | Contact us

Designed by PMP CONCEPT
Logis de France